For CEOs and management staff with previous French knowledge, who desire conversational practice, Agape School of Education offers our in-house course, “French Expresso”. It is a 100% conversational course that prepares students to cope with the demands of communicating in a French-speaking environment.
On the other hand, our Business French Course is for professionals who wish to improve their French for career purposes. Our course covers business communication skills common to all current work situations. Exam topics are specifically adapted to your working environment and correspond to the levels prescribed by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Levels: Breakthrough – Way stage – Elementary
This course is designed for candidates seeking employment or promotional opportunities within a French-speaking work environment. In this cluster, we assess the communication skills needed for all aspects of professional life today. At the end of this course, students are prepared up to the A1 or A2 level of the CEFR.
At the Way stage, students can:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases
- introduce themselves and others
- ask and answer questions about personal details
- interact in simple situations
At the Elementary stage, students can
- understand sentences and frequently used expressions
- communicate in simple and routine tasks
- describe simple situations
Levels: Intermediate – Vantage – Upper Intermediate
At the Intermediate and Vantage level of this cluster, the student can:
- understand familiar situations encountered
- deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in a French-speaking area
- produce simple connected text on familiar topics
- describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
At the Upper Intermediate level, students can:
- understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity with native speakers
- produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint
Levels: Effective – Operational – Mastery – Proficiency
At the Effective and Operational level of this cluster, the student can:
- understand a wide range of demanding, longer clauses, and recognise implicit meaning
- express ideas fluently and spontaneously
- use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes
- produce clear, well-structured, detailed speech on complex subjects
At the Mastery and Proficiency level of this cluster, the student can:
- understand with ease virtually everything heard or read and be able to summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- express themselves spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.